I feel like this whole finish-a-long thing might be really good for my sew-jo. I've already finished one of my goals -- and it's only been a week! All it took was the previous posting of a seriously aged WIP (as in - it may have been old enough to get married and have quilt babies). So I dug out a couple of almost finished quilt tops and then knowing they were sitting there, and knowing I was now obligated to get them done, finally lit a fire under my ass.
This quilt was something I had intended for a friend pretty early on in my quilting journey. Unfortunately, I got...well...a little distracted by everything else available out there in the quiltiverse and so I never quite finished it. A little motivation though, and it seemed to take care of itself.
|I got up early the morning after my initial post to sew together some franken-batting so I could baste it. I had it all properly basted before lunch.|
|And this was Saturday morning! All done!|
|I quilted basic dog commands and the name of my friend's new puppy into the border. Since there was a border, I felt it needed some detail.|
|The back is a wonderfully soft, pre-washed flannel. Its mostly dark brown to play off the front but who can resist a little contrast!|
|A little close-up of the stipple that was used in the main part of the quilt. A little hard to see, but you get the drift.|
|And there she is! All ready for gifting this afternoon.|
I couldn't resist a little of my puppy love next to Sydney's new "Puppy Love"
So that's one of my three goals achieved! Yay! And I still have two and a half months to go! Woohoo!