Tuesday 7 January 2014

Quilty Box...Gak!!!! Gulp!!!! EPIC

It came!  My most anticipated Christmas gift (cuz my mom loves me A LOT)!  My sweeten-my-day, happy-mail, fabric-deliciousness monthly surprise.  My mystery box subscription from a little company called Quilty Box!!!  I got a six-month subscription for Christmas and every month I will get a box of quilt related goodness....yippee!!!  I will admit, I was had a little sense of trepidation when the UPS man knocked on  my door.  I mean, c'mon!  Its 30 below outside...who the hell is knocking on doors in this weather!  But, he had a present for me and he was freezing his ass off.....so I let him in.  You know, mostly cuz he had a present for me.  :p 

This is what it looks like when it arrives....all enticing me with its crafty secrets.
So of course, right in the middle of making dinner, I stopped everything and tore into it like it was my job and revealed its tissue-wrapped surprise.  Here's what I found:
A smattering of goods waiting to be examined
First up was this AMAZING charm-pack of all the Sunprints by Alison Glass.  AWESOME!  Not gonna lie, this is the fattest charm-pack I've ever seen.  There's over 50 squares in it.  Yay! Then, under that a book of quilting-related, funny, short-stories called "Quilting Isn't Funny" by Meghan Dougherty (otherwise known as the Bitchy Stitcher).  I already appreciate her moniker. And under that, the Feathers Pattern by Alison Glass.  So pretty!!!
These are my favourite parts of this month's box
 Then, there was this thing called an Art Cloth Kit -- not quite sure what it is but it will be interesting to check it out when I have a minute and can read all the information that came with it.  Ya...I'm that person: I will read every word of those instructions and directions.  And just when I thought I was done and my Quilty Box was all unwrapped for this month.....the BEST PART:

All I can say is LOL!!!!
I think the fabric gods have me figured out.  Awesome!  I need this tattooed on my forehead.  Ha.  

Oh ya....and, on Sunday while I was greedily wishing for a snow day on Monday, I finished my 3rd instalment of my chunk-of-the-month for the guild.  Here she is:
I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but I will admit that I at least find this visually interesting.  I like the pixellated look and will probably try it again.
Okay...back to dinner.  I'm kinda hungry now.



1 comment:

  1. So. Jealous. Especially the fat charm pack. I love those prints.

    ReplyDelete