Saturday 20 April 2013

Productive day

I'm happy to report I have spent the day working on quilting the Keystone Lodge quilt!  Hooray!!!  I chose to do a two-inch grid but to leave the circles empty since they're kind of intense to start with.   I got the grid all quilted and stitched-in-the-ditch on both sides of the narrow inner border.

Here is my progress.  I used 2-inch painters tape to accurately grid my quilt.  Bulky...but helpful

Here is the immense amount of garbage I created.  It was incredibly fulfilling to rip off all that tape every time I finished two rows of sewing!  :)

And this is my new favourite tool/toy.  Its a mechanical chalk pencil specifically made for quilters.  Its made by Bohin (a French company).  It made marking my grid SO easy and they chalk comes in multiple colours.  I got it off Amazon.  Get one! 
Anyhoo, that's all my progress for today.  I'll be back at it tomorrow.  I'm contemplating machine sewing the bindings on this one just to get it done all the faster.  I'll letcha know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment