Monday 1 April 2013

So....mystique?

Do you know what Mystique is?  Ya, neither did I until two days ago.  This competition suit project I have undertaken for a friend of mine has really started to heat up.  Turns out, that's what the fabric I need is called.  Ha.  Who knew?

After discovering that you can't buy ANYTHING you need for this sort of thing at your local Fabricland, I was able to hook up with a quilty friend of mine to head to the fabric district in Hamilton.  Who knew the Hammer was such a magnet of the fabric world!?!  You learn something new every day!

We ended up at a store (very near to where my Aunts live as a matter of fact) that has PILES of what I was looking for.  It was a bit overwhelming at first....this is what I saw in the aisles:
Literally in every colour of the rainbow, in all combinations you could think of.
I was able to pick up everything I needed for this thing  including the lining for the cups and the rest of the suit plus the trimming.  Bonus, the fabric itself was cheaper than I thought so I was able to pick up four colour options -- and walked out of the store for less than 50 bucks! If I ever have to do this again I am for SURE heading to this place.  For sure,

Here is what I ended up with:
From left to right we have the padded lining for the cups, the other lining, lime mystique, olive green mystique, red mystique, elastic trim and lemon yellow mystique.
I showed this picture to my friend and she has already picked out the lime as her favourite.  Looks like I'll be starting with that one.  Wish me luck!

Plus, with the long weekend, I was able to finish off the practice block for the Lucky Stars Block of the Month Club.  It should have been done in December but I joined late and I wasn't sure I was going to do it at all but as I contemplated my final lay-out, I thought I would need it.  Here it is:

Okay, dog walking time....and now I'm all caught up!


No comments:

Post a Comment