Monday 1 April 2013

Catching up

I feel I've been a little lax since I got back from the quilting extravaganza weekend.  This is where we left off....
After I made the bluey/greeny toned Amy Butler quilt for my friend Alice, I had bluey/greeny quilt envy so I started putting blocks together for a Daisy Chain strippy quilt.  However, after getting 24 together, I'm thinking I like them set on point and assymetrtical better -- not at ALL what the original pattern called for.  I'm putting it aside while I work on stuff with actual deadlines.  *sigh*
I thought I would let you all check out what everyone else was working on while we were away...

This is a disappearing four-patch put together by my friend Atty - LOVE the contrast of the black and whites
This is the kimonos quilt put together by Trudy,  The fabrics are perfect for it.
And finally, this is the squaring up stage of a  quilt  by Marie L.  There are a LOT more blocks to get up there but its got a good visual repeat.

I happened to be awesome at forgetting to get some good pictures of some other great projects.  My grandmother and Fran worked on a couple cool paper-pieced Christmas tree table runners.  And Marie D. put together a really cool wall-hanging that looks like a shelf of books and a smaller wall piece of an appliqued Christmas tree.

Very productive extra long weekend over all!

No comments:

Post a Comment