After I completely slept in this morning until 10:30 and I managed to get myself up and caffeinated, the dog walked, the paper read, and myself showered, I thought I should finish cutting up my last quilt that I want to take on the retreat. I'm going to save SO much time by having those all cut out up there anyway.
|This is the one I'm going to turn into Jaybird's Dance Floor|
|This is one side of the top before. Multiply these stone by about 5.|
And here is the whole suit naked. After which point I could slowly start pulling it apart...
The first step was to deconstruct the main parts so I could see which pieces go where...
And then I took about a billion pictures of the way it was constructed. Seams, elastics, shapes, attachments. I will spare you the horror and show you just one:
Now I know when I go to make the new one that the strap to the left is a totally different piece than the cup to the right. I also know to zigzag stitch the new one to account for the stretch of the elastic rolled into that strap. Although I already am of a mind to try something different. I'll keep you posted on how this whole escapade goes. I'll probably want to punch something before its done as I'm pretty sure I've bitten off more than I can chew.