Sunday 3 March 2013

Finally! Done!

Yay! I finished the quilt I made for my friend Alice!  Finally.  Super finally.  It took me 16 bobbins to machine quilt it -- SIXTEEN!  I said that to a non-quilter the other day and they were like *shrug*..."okay." You get it though, right?!?  Sixteen!  I literally thought I would have multiple birthdays before I finished.

Okay, so here are the details: the fabric was an Amy Butler Midwest Modern fat quarter bundle in the Ohio Sky colour way.  The pattern began as an intended Yellow Brick Road but I abandoned it after I got the pieces cut and sort of went off on my own tangent.  Its a large throw size and I machine quilted it myself with a meandering stipple.

Here she is:



Holy smokes do hand-bindings ever slow me down!  That took a week.  I reiterate my previous musings on how a full-time job really bites into the quilting time!  I could be SO productive if this is all I had to do with my time.   Can I also mention that I happened to say I hated doing bindings at my guild meeting last week in front of EVERYONE and...well...I thought those ladies were gonna toss things at me.  Yowzer!  Regardless, I painstakingly finished them and now my friend Alice is ready to enjoy her new quilt.


Ooh.  Also, I have given myself a reason to finish with the "Keystone Lodge" quilt (formerly the UQ).  I picked up fabric for a new quilt while I was on a Mystery Shop Hop bus tour.   This is what is next on the agenda as soon as I finish it:


I'm so excited, I can't wait!!!!  And just think - March Break starts at the end of the week!  I'll have so much to do!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Alice's quilt (and I'm sure she will too) and can attest that it looks even better in person! Sixteen bobbins is insane but the results are incredible. I love the new pattern you picked up. Are you going to blog about your Sew Sisters Bus Hop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome - both in person and on the blog. Get that Keystone Lodge finished so you can start your new one - it's cute! Happy March Break sewing!

    ReplyDelete