Thursday 21 February 2013

Heffalumps

I've decided that I need to find a couple of small things to do to keep myself occupied for a bit.  I don't want to start anything huge since I have two quilts that I need to FMQ and one that is 80% finished which I need to simply finish!  Also, I'm going away to a place called Quilter's Miss Bee Haven for a five day quilting retreat at the end of March so I wanna save some big projects for the extended amount of time I will have to focus then.  But, during the week, when I don't have a ton of time, I'd like something to work on that can get accomplished.  Hence, the heffalumps.

I LOVE elephants.  Specifically, African Elephants.  Item number one on my bucket list is to hug an African Elephant.  They are so cute to me, I could die.  I have an elephant tattoo, I have made my grandmother embroider elephants along the cuffs of my clothes before, and I have loads of elephant stuff.  So my mini-project is to make some of these:
Tiny elephants!!! Could anything be better!
I cut out my body parts -- I know it seems kinda gross but when they are all layed out, they actually look like body parts:

I even chose the fabric:
This is the last four fat quarters I have from Katie Jump Rope by Denyse Schmidt.  Its the first fabric bundle I bought after I started sewing.
Tomorrow I am hoping I can start on my elephant challenge.  If all goes well and I can actually make these things without pulling my hair out I am going to use this idea for my guild challenge.  The theme is "Happiness is....." and happiness to me is a large herd of elephants made out of the most delicious fabrics!


No comments:

Post a Comment