Tuesday 12 February 2013

Thinking...

This might only speak to the massive degree of my lameness but a friend told me about a work-related movement and it has me feeling a little empowered.  Its called Inbox Zero (check it out).  The idea is that you claim control over a small part of your life - in this case, your email inbox - and it makes you feel like you accomplish something every day and that you are in charge.  I LOVE being in charge!  Holla!

I'm not gonna lie, my inboxes for my email repulse me.  Some days, I open it up, look at the total number of messages and run screaming to bury my face in a pot of coffee or a glass of wine (depending on the day of the week).  In January, I had 484 emails in my work inbox.  My personal email?  Yikes!  That account made it to the thousands when I spent a month in Australia a couple years ago.  I've NEVER been able to get a handle on it.  

Anyhoo...today, I cleaned up my work email.  Alicia Keys was singin' my song cuz this girl was on fire!  I'm pretty sure that by the end of the day my boss thought I was on speed but I managed to leave work with five emails in my inbox.  FIVE!  And all of them are action items I kickin' ass on tomorrow.

So no quilty progress today, but I did reward myself for my excellent email accomplishments with one of these:


No comments:

Post a Comment